Languages

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 2.5.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
smvoelker
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Languages

Post by smvoelker » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:37 pm

Hello,

I am sorry if this has been answered somewhere before but through my research cannot find what I am looking for.

I have 2 problems:
First, my site all the sudden has began including the language in the URL. it is saying www.homepage.com/en/. How I remove this?

Secondly, it is showing parts of my homepage in Arabic even though english is the only language.

Could someone help me with both of these questions?

Thank you in advance.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Languages

Post by imanickam » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:47 am

smvoelker wrote:my site all the sudden has began including the language in the URL. it is saying www.homepage.com/en/. How I remove this?
Suggest checking in the Plugin Manager whether the plugin "System - Language Filter" is Enabled. If so, disable it. It is assumed that your site is mono lingual.
smvoelker wrote:it is showing parts of my homepage in Arabic even though english is the only language.
Check whether your site is hacked.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Language - Joomla! 2.5”