Language pack for Spain language (Joomla 1.7)

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 2.5.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
martino954
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Language pack for Spain language (Joomla 1.7)

Post by martino954 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:11 pm

I am making my first multilanguage site using Joomla 1.7: I am not able finding the language pack for joomla 1.7 relative to language of Spain: I have found this language pack for Joomla 2.5, but now my site is made using joomla 1.7: have I to rebuild all the site in Joomla 2.5 or anyone knows if this package exists?
Thanks and regards
Martino
Last edited by imanickam on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from Components - Joomla! 2.5 / Joomla! 1.7 to Language - Joomla! 2.5 / Joomla! 1.7

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Language pack for Spain language (Joomla 1.7)

Post by imanickam » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:07 am

Joomla! 1.7.x would not be supported shortly after the release of 2.5.4. So, it is better you upgrade your site to 2.5.3 and work from there.

As for as the multi-lingual site development is concerned, better to use 2.5.3 as more features have been added.

Review of the site http://multilingual-joomla-demo.cloudac ... steps.html would be of help in understanding how to develop a multi-lingual site.

Note: If you are upgrading, make sure to take a back-up of your site files (including sub-directories) and the database content by exporting the content using tools/utilities such as phpMyAdmin.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Language pack for Spain language (Joomla 1.7)

Post by infograf768 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:38 am

Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

Return to “Language - Joomla! 2.5”