"Remove URL Language Code" works ok only for one language

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 2.5.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
secarica
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

"Remove URL Language Code" works ok only for one language

Post by secarica » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:10 pm

I have a test site with the Joomlas's default English UK and additionally the Romanian RO installed. Everything works fine, language switching, menu language, content, etc.. The only glitch is that enabling the "Remove URL Language Code" option from the Language Filter plugin only appears to work when the Romanian language is switched (for example if I enter in browser the site root address, it remains as is). With English it always shows the /en/ part at end (for example if I enter in browser the site root address, then the address string becomes automatically with /index.php/en/ at end).

If I disable the "Remove URL Language Code" option, then the addresses in both languages will end with their respective language /ID/, which is ok.

Any clue ?
Joomla 2.5.x, clean install, still using only own Joomla modules, except for a commercial template installed.

Thank you,
Cristi

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: "Remove URL Language Code" works ok only for one languag

Post by infograf768 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:27 pm

As indicated, the url language code is only removed for the default site language when sef is on.
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

secarica
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: "Remove URL Language Code" works ok only for one languag

Post by secarica » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Oh, seems I missed the "default site language" part when I have read that tooltip.

Thank you for spotting my distraction,
Cristi

Return to “Language - Joomla! 2.5”