Using Arabic and English Together

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 2.5.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
pbbiet
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Using Arabic and English Together

Post by pbbiet » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am not very familiar with joomla and worked with wordpress but i am migrating the site from wordpress to joomla but i have a quick question.

I want to use both arabic and english on the site. But arabic is written from right to left and when i change the language to arabic, the site is aligned to right. I want to use both english and arabic and keep the site aligned to left only. Can anyone help me how can i do this.

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Using Arabic and English Together

Post by infograf768 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:56 pm

The issue here is the choice of language you make for the UI part if you do not want to make a real multilang site but a monolanguage site where some contents would be in English and others in Arabic.
In this case, chosing English as frontend language is fine (The UI will be in English, example the text for the login module or the dates, etc.), and then you can enter RTL Arabic in the text area of TinyMCE (There is a specific icon implementing this)
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

Return to “Language - Joomla! 2.5”