Language File Mess

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 2.5.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bulgeadmin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Language File Mess

Post by bulgeadmin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:16 am

Hi all of a suden it seems that my langauge file has stopped working. I went onto my site today and everything is now name j_com_example and so on. I assume there has been some kind of mix.
I wasnt very far in building my site so i though i would rather just start a new but even when i extract a new joomla everything would be like that as well from installation. How do i fix the issue...

Im using the regular english
Last edited by imanickam on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the forum General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5 to the forum Language - Joomla! 2.5

Gany
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Language File Mess

Post by Gany » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:39 am

Can you tell us a bit more? Did you use a language extension, for example Joomfish or Falang? Or did you set up the 'Joomla way'?

bulgeadmin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bulgeadmin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:42 am

the last thing i did was install a maps aplication and then upload a kml fine to the file server...
then the next time i logged in it was all like that. What i dont understand is why it would also happen on a brand new installation of joomla from the installation phase i can already see the language files seem not to be connecting.
Could this be a server side issue.. thats the first thing that comes to mind

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:01 am

Please post a screenshot for others to see what is happening. Or, what is the URL of your site?

It looks like the either the language ini files are missing or there is an issue with the PHP setting. Check whether the language files are there in the folders \language\en-GB and \administrator\language\en-GB.

If the language files are there, then
2. Your host has disabled some PHP functions.

ini_set is very often the issue. Contact your host
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Language - Joomla! 2.5”