Url Rewriting, feel really stuck... please

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 2.5. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 2.5 extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Gman019
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Url Rewriting, feel really stuck... please

Post by Gman019 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:47 am

Dear all,

I've been working on the following website : http://www.csh-delhi.com since few months now.
Everything is made with joomla 2.5.6 (the previous administrator created the website and I re-made the whole design but could not start with a fresh install (too much data and archive that I couldnot loose]

The thing is, the URL are really ugly : / ! When I turn on the SEF natural URL rewriting, it's working for few things, but not for most of my articles embedded in modules and not for my sub-menus (eventhough it works for the primary menus)

The site is using Flexicontent (its url rewriting doesnt work as well). And i'm depressed because to finalize the website, I had to do some ugly stuff that could have been done nicely if url rewriting was not crashing that much.

So, I've been searching for a while, but I dont find logical explanation. Apparently, the extension sh404SEF would be a solution but before to get to any commercial thing, I would like to know if you can help on this or tell me what you think about sh404SEF.

Thanks a lot

Naoki_H
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Url Rewriting, feel really stuck... please

Post by Naoki_H » Sat May 24, 2014 10:28 am

I tried searching over the internet, but unfortunately couldn't find anything helpful. Sorry.
May be the Joomla master's can help!

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Url Rewriting, feel really stuck... please

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat May 24, 2014 1:12 pm

1. Have you renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess?
2. 2.5.6 is ancient. Update to 2.5.20
3. Clear the Joomla cache after enabling SEF.

There is no point in trouble-shooting on an outdated version. Update first.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 2.5”