add a joomla module in an ecommerce

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 2.5. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 2.5 extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
nedrisee
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

add a joomla module in an ecommerce

Post by nedrisee » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:53 am

Hi everyone,
I would like to add a blog build in joomla in that kind of website :

http://www.ange-paradis.com

It is a prestashop and the blog is made in CMS. I think joomla can help the blog to be more friendly,

let me know if you know how to add something in that kind of code developpement
thank you

FlashRebel

Re: add a joomla module in an ecommerce

Post by FlashRebel » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:42 pm

Hi,

If you would like to add Joomla for blog to non Joomla website, you need to install it to specific folder (for example directory/blog) It will have own database, it will be completely like another website but in this case as ange-paradis.com/blog. In that case there will be a lot of work for you that it looks same like your shop - need to find similar template and modifiy it.

Also you can think about to install just Joomla and add some ecommerce extension that instead of prestashop you will use Joomla with extension for eshop.

Anyways if you you want it keep independent from eshop, then its good way to install it to new folder how I mentioned above.

patriceshiph
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: add a joomla module in an ecommerce

Post by patriceshiph » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:49 pm

FlashRebel wrote:Hi,

If you would like to add Joomla for blog to non Joomla website, you need to install it to specific folder (for example directory/blog) It will have own database, it will be completely like another website but in this case as ange-paradis.com/blog. In that case there will be a lot of work for you that it looks same like your shop - need to find similar template and modifiy it.

Also you can think about to install just Joomla and add some ecommerce extension that instead of prestashop you will use Joomla with extension for eshop.

Anyways if you you want it keep independent from eshop, then its good way to install it to new folder how I mentioned above.
Definitely, duplicating a non Joomla site to a Joomla one isn't easy at all. You'll need to find a similar theme for the Joomla counterpart, or else, you'll need to be a Joomla expert.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 2.5”