Google crawlers

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 2.5. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 2.5 extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
oudouz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Google crawlers

Post by oudouz » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:04 pm

Hello ! I'm a newbie, so I apologize for the silly questions I'm about to ask.

I have a website that I launched a week ago. First, I have a menu item that points to a bunch of categories which have also some sub-categories (Car brand > car name > model > etc) the last category in the tree is configured to a Blog Layout, so I create an article under each category, and systematically each last category in the tree has one article to be displayed.

Example:

Code: Select all

Main Menu > Brands(category) > Volkswagen(category) > Golf 7(category) > Golf 7 R-Line(category) > Golf 7 R-Line(Article created under the Golf 7 R-Line category)
I'm using sh404sef for my SEO and I have a couple of questions, please make your answers as precise as possible (only experienced people answer).

Q1: What should I submit to Google crawlers to be indexed ?
Details: I configured sh404sef to append a suffix (.html) to the links, so I have both :

www.MySite.com/Brands/Volkswagen/Golf-7/R-line
AND:

www.MySite.com/Brands/Volkswagen/Golf-7/R-line/Golf-7-R-Line.html
I have them both pointing to the same thing. Should I submit them both in the Webmaster Tools or it would be a duplicate item ?

Q2: For each car I want Google to show the Price, so is there any way to make sh404sef automatically insert a precise portion of the article in the metadata keyword list field ? because this way, each time I change a car's price in the article I need to do it manually on the Metadata side.

Q3: What are the best tricks to achieve a better Google page rank for my site ?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for being so long!

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Google crawlers

Post by darb » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:23 pm

jaap1900 wrote: On Q2 I'd say you'll have to do it manually (might be some tools for it though , idk for sure).
this could be tested
This tool could help some people that work professionally with Joomla SEO. http://seo.ijoomla.com/ ...says it "Save 95% Of Your Time Doing Joomla SEO!"

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 2.5”