How do I change background color of pages in Beez_20?

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
RoyiBaker+1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How do I change background color of pages in Beez_20?

Post by RoyiBaker+1 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:58 pm

Hiya -- I've been dissecting the CSS files on a Joomla site that I inherited. We are using the Beez_20 template. I've figured out how to change the colors and background colors of pretty much everything, EXCEPT the background color of the web page itself (so I have a strip of light blue on the extreme left and right of the content portion of the page). http://www.daystarlife.com

The color in hex is: c6eff7

Try as I might, I cannot find where this is specified in the CSS files of the Beez_20 template. When I examine the source code of the page in a browser, I can find this tidbit:

<div class="moduletable">
<style type="text/css">
body {background-image: url("http://www.daystarlife.com/")!important; background-attachment:scroll!important; background-position:left top!important; background-repeat:repeat!important; background-color:#c6eff7!important;}
</style></div>

The color is apparently applied with this, but I don't know where this code is coming from. Can anybody point me toward "moduletable"? Or wherever this color code is applied from?

Thanx,
Roy

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: How do I change background color of pages in Beez_20?

Post by imanickam » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:59 pm

Reviewed the site and this is what is showing in the FireBug and the location is specified as (index):129

Code: Select all

body {
background-image: url("http://www.daystarlife.com/")!important;
background-attachment: scroll!important;
background-position: left top!important;
background-repeat: repeat!important;
background-color: #c6eff7!important;
}
Suggest reviewing the file index.php that is located in the directory \templates\beez_20.

Note: Make sure to take a copy of the file before editing it.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

RoyiBaker+1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by RoyiBaker+1 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:06 pm

Thank you for your reply, Ilagnayeru. I took a look at the index.php file, but it didn't get me anything. I'm baffled where this color code is coming from. It seems like a CSS file would be a good place for it, but I can't find it in any of the CSS files. I'll keep digging. I'm wondering if this is stored somewhere in a database or a parameter file? Again, thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to keep looking.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:21 am

You could try the following:

(a) Use the Text Editor such as NotePad++ and use the Search in Files options to search for some text strings.

(b) Export the database using tools such as phpMyAdmin and search in the exported file.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

RoyiBaker+1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by RoyiBaker+1 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:37 pm

Thank you very much, Sir!!!
I had tried using JSN PowerAdmin to search through the files, but it apparently doesn't work too well. I installed NotePad++, backed-up our site, and searched through the back-ups to finally find it. That color is specified in a module named "HD-background module", which is referenced in an SQL file. Sure would have been easier if it had been in a style sheet, but like I said, I inherited this from someone else, so, maybe I'll take a re-look at the CSS specifications. Thank you VERY much for your suggestion -- I was finally able to track it down!! Thanks very much again!

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”