Installed New Template But I Can't Find the Files

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bsmcgillis
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Installed New Template But I Can't Find the Files

Post by bsmcgillis » Mon May 16, 2011 9:56 pm

Hello, I would assume that I'm having a fairly common problem, but I couldn't find anything about it using a forum search.

I just downloaded a new template and installed it to Joomla. There's no problem with the installation of the template. It works just fine. However, I would like to change a few things on it, like the images. But I can't find the folder for the template. I assumed it would be somewhere in my Joomla folder, but I didn't see it anywhere and none of the folders in there had been recently modified.

So, does anyone know exactly where the files for a new template are stored when you install them using the Upload Package File in the Extension Manager? Or does anyone know how to find the most recently modified files using windows 7?

Thanks for any help.

dylanjh
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Installed New Template But I Can't Find the Files

Post by dylanjh » Mon May 16, 2011 10:16 pm

find your template (assuming its a front end template and not an administrator template) in
/templates/<template name>/
EmailAsUsername - Remove Usernames Joomla! Virtuemart And JomSocial registration http://www.lunarhotel.co.uk Many other extensions supported.

bsmcgillis
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Installed New Template But I Can't Find the Files

Post by bsmcgillis » Tue May 17, 2011 12:58 am

Ok, I found it. I was looking in the wrong Joomla Folder. I guess I installed Joomla in two places. But the one I needed was the one in my xampp htdocs folder.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”