Custom Template Question

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
neilblake
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Custom Template Question

Post by neilblake » Tue May 29, 2012 9:56 am

Hi.

I have a index.html file with a external css file linking to it. It is displaying just containers with various paddings and margins etc.. so a very simple file.

I'd like to create a Joomla 2.5 template using these containers as module positions. After doing lots of research and reading the Joomla Docs on making an easy template, I'm really struggling to make it work.

The reason I am doing this is that I want to create various module positions that will display the standard web banner ad sizes.

Does anyone have a dummies guide to doing this please as i'm guessing it should be quite easy?

Many thanks in advance.

TheThingIs
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Custom Template Question

Post by TheThingIs » Tue May 29, 2012 10:58 am

You could start here http://docs.joomla.org/Creating_a_basic ... !_template following the 1.6+ tips to understand the basics of templating to start from scratch or customize a default 2.5 template such as beez20 or atomic templates.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”