Setting up Shape5 Site Shaper on GoDaddy

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
mmoryl
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Setting up Shape5 Site Shaper on GoDaddy

Post by mmoryl » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:17 am

Hi,

I am completely new to Joomla and am trying to install a Site Shaper template on my GoDaddy hosted site with Joomla 2.5 installed. I followed the instructions and it seems to work perfectly up to the point where I need to create and configure the database. Every time I try, I get the "Unable to connect to the database" error. Perhaps it is specific to GoDaddy, since the configuration screen asks me for the user name and the database name, whereas while creating the database I am only given the option of choosing one name (which they call "Database name and username"). They also provide option for a "friendly name" but I assume it is just a description field.

So I've tried several times to enter the "Database name and username" in both configuration fields, all to no avail. I am starting to work my fingers to the bone deleting databases and setting up new ones, only to get the same result each time. Is there anyone familiar with installing Site Shaper on this particular hosting server? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

mudotmy
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Setting up Shape5 Site Shaper on GoDaddy

Post by mudotmy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:13 am

Hi

I have no experience with GoDaddy hosting. Are you on Godaddy classic control panel?
Here is a tutorial:https://support.godaddy.com/help/articl ... ite=my#4gh

Godaddy have phone support with toll free number. Try call them.

Also to note some control panel like cPanel will add username prefix like sam_dbname.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”