Editing Picture For Non-Techies

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Rigwald
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Editing Picture For Non-Techies

Post by Rigwald » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:46 am

Hello,

I am new to Joomla. Is there a way, without dealing with code, to, say, replace or remove the "enjoy fresh fruit" picture on the Beez 5 template? I have found code editing, but I will be teaching teachers who do not know anything about html/css how to create a simple class website using Joomla.

(I thought the purpose of Joomla was to make it easy to design a website without the need of editing code yourself. I tried to figure out a way via the template manager/editor and the media manager, but I have been stumped.)

Thank you for your time!

sitesrus
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Editing Picture For Non-Techies

Post by sitesrus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:31 pm

Yes,

The power of joomla lies in custom HTML modules where you can put straight HTML code, use a wysiwyg editor to place formatted text, images, and etc. Than using module positions place them in the available positions a template has.

Logo's are setup differently depending on a template, you could just remove it and replace it with your own of similar size than clear joomla and browser cache. Others use a logo position with custom html module...it all just depends.

If they are banners you can go to the banner component and change the images it uses and put your own.

If you are going to be using/teaching joomla I would suggest becoming more familiar with it first. It depends what part of joomla you are trying to "alter" and the available solutions to do it.
I like working with Joomla :). I offer the following professional services: Custom extension development, SEO/marketing, maintenance/support, security and WCAG audits, and will work on websites at a reasonable rate.

wypaq
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Editing Picture For Non-Techies

Post by wypaq » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:05 pm

This subject has been covered here:
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=675&t=704797

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”