Make main frame wider

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
anybloodyid
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Make main frame wider

Post by anybloodyid » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Hi
I moved the menu from the left side to the top the problem I have is that the main frame is still the same size as it was when the menu was there, I want it to cover the complete area. Where do I change the width?

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Make main frame wider

Post by toivo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:39 pm

It could help if you told which particular template you are using.

You can install the Firebug extension to Firefox and use its inspection option to find out which style elements determine the size and in which CSS file(s) they are stored.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

anybloodyid
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by anybloodyid » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Thanks for the reply, I thought as this was the default template:Beez 5 in Joomla 2.5 forum it would be clear that I'm using the Beez template. I'll look at firebug and see what info I can glean from it.

t-oh-ny
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by t-oh-ny » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:51 pm

I'd kind of like someone to go ahead and answer this with their thoughts. I am in the process of changing my website to this template and have been using Firebug to try to figure out how to manipulate the content position. I have found a few ways but none to my complete satisfaction and my code skills are not good enough yet.

1 - I have a slide show in the center or content position. It justifies to the left. I would like it centered.
2 - Also, I would like this content position to begin a few more pixels to the right and give my left column a few more pixels of length. Frankly, I would like all three columns to be the same width.

dtblake103
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dtblake103 » Sat May 05, 2012 7:33 pm

This just worked for me. Haven't looked for unintended consequences yet though:

/templates/beez5/css/layout.css

in:
.item-page {
display: block;
overflow: hidden;
padding: 0 5px;