Pagination: Why links not considered part of current page?

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
sim085
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Pagination: Why links not considered part of current page?

Post by sim085 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:11 am

I asked this question on the 3.0 forum but did not get a reply. So I'm trying here...

I am working on a template which on a category page will have “Leading Articles”, “Intro Articles” and “Links” (which are articles as well). Now, if I am on page 1 and click to go to page 2, the first leading article to appear on page 2 is the first article displayed in the “More Articles” list in page 1.

For example if I have 2 leading articles, 4 intro articles, and 6 links, at the moment going from page 1 to page 2 will show me the 7th article as the first leading article (displayed in page 1 as the first article under the More Links section) rather then the 13th article as I would like (not visible anywhere on page 1).

Is there a way how I can force (which I think involves using overrides in my template) Joomla to really go to the next page, that is going to the first article AFTER all the articles displayed in the current page, including the list of articles displayed under the “More Articles” section?

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”