Help Determine Where Problem Lies-Using aiContactSafe

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
pembrokewcorgi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Help Determine Where Problem Lies-Using aiContactSafe

Post by pembrokewcorgi » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:44 am

I have left a message in the forum at aiContactSafe, but I'm scratching my head trying to figure out where my actual problem is occurring.

Have used aiContactSafe for a few years now and it has been absolutely wonderful in working for the website I manage. It has come to my attention from the owner of the business that a few people of late have had to directly contact her instead of using the Contact Form to see why she has not responded to them. She has not been receiving the emails.

It was sporadically a person or two that this has happened with in the past month or two. Now it appears that it is happening to most messages coming through the Contact Form. They are showing up in the component at the website--which she does not use as she is not very savvy and it would overwhelm her to use it from the backend.

I have tried using the form and sending the message to myself. Got the note that email was sent on the Contact page. She did not receive it and I did not receive it. It is in the component. She tried sending one to herself via her phone. It did show up in her email in the Junk folder--but mine still are missing. It appears that the last actual message that she received from her contact form was from a client two days ago.

We are using aiContactSafe v.2.0.17.stable on Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.16 Stable

I have not changed any settings of late that I remember. I did do a backup recently and am considering trying to load one of them up, but not sure that will help. I'm really not sure what could be going on.

Thank you for any help,
Colleen M

pembrokewcorgi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Help Determine Where Problem Lies-Using aiContactSafe

Post by pembrokewcorgi » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:30 am

Don't know if this will be of any help to anyone here, but wanted to share what I figured out. I have shared this at the site of the component I use in their forum.
Here is what I can tell you about what I think is happening. I worked with our hosting company and did some testing as the problem was intermittent. It seems to be only a problem with people using AOL or Yahoo emails. I found an article online which explains what is happening and I believe this is the root cause of missing messages. Here is the http://www.latimes.com/business/technol ... story.html.

As I don't understand the coding and if anything could be implemented to change how it see the actual email addresses, I don't know if there is any kind of fix for this issue. But AOL/Yahoo emails will not go through unless it is a direct email to email message.

For now, I have a large message up letting those users who have AOL or Yahoo emails know their messages will not go through and to get a different email account not of AOL/Yahoo or use a dummy email address I set up and tell them to put their actual contact email in their message.

Hope this makes sense,
Colleen M

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”