VirtueMart.... Someone please please help me!

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
mrdavidsavill
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

VirtueMart.... Someone please please help me!

Post by mrdavidsavill » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:03 pm

Hi everyone, Im really not having much luck and banging my head against a wall

Im having 2 problems

www.silksofcheltenham.com

1) if you go to the "Designers" page, for the "Menu Item Type" I've selected "VirtueMart Manufacturer Default Layout" to show a list of the manufactures.... Its showing their logos which is great.... but above the logos in thick bold writing are the names.... how do i kill those??

I've tried setting the "Add Menu Title" and "Show Page Heading" to no in the menu...but that hasn't worked... how do I get rid of it? Its making me crazy!

2) This is more of a VirtueMart issue...

I want to kill the "Product Details" on the products... you can see it here:

http://www.silksofcheltenham.com/index. ... l-occasion

Now using firbug i found some code on line 466 but this only changes the look of the button, i cannot find any code anywhere to delete to kill the button altogether.

Its been suggested a lot that its best to create a override file to solve this issue... but firstly I cant find anywhere to explain it simple enough to do this, and secondly i still cant find any code to kill the button.

Any ideas?

This one isn't so much the end of the world but the first problem at the top is!

Thank you for your time for reading.

mrdavidsavill
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: VirtueMart.... Someone please please help me!

Post by mrdavidsavill » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:34 am

Ok quick update,

I've managed to figure out and sort out number "2)" which I feel a certain amount of satisfaction about :D

but unfortunately number 1) still has me completely stumped any help here would be amazing (see image attached)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”