Ecommerce Product Price Options

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Rexmonster80
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Ecommerce Product Price Options

Post by Rexmonster80 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi guys

Have searched the forum and can't find anything that matches my query, but apologies if this is covering old ground.

I'm trying to create a camping booking website. It is built on Joomla 2.5.24

Here's the process:

1. User chooses an event e.g. John's Pirate Festival (this could be classed a shop category)
2. User chooses from three types of tent - basic, luxury, high end (the specific products)
3. Each type of tent has a fixed price for one night or two (so need to be able to select this option, which alters the price)
4. The user must specifcy the number of guests, but this doesn't affect the cost, it's purely so the tent can be correctly prepared for them.
5. There are several optional extras which can be purchased e.g. upgrade to an airbed, each of which has a fixed price.

I've installed JooCommerce and Virtuemart, but neither of them offer the functionality I require.

JC doesn't seem to allow for priced optional extras within a given product, and VM seems fixed around the idea of manufacturers for products plus I couldn't find a way to configure the pricing for one or two nights.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an ecommerce extension which would do what I'm looking for? I'm happy to pay for it and also to purchase a support package in order to utilise the expertise of the extension developer.

Thanks in advance.

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Ecommerce Product Price Options

Post by dhuelsmann » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:56 pm

I would suggest you look into the various booking extensions. Here are some of the top rated ones http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... /top-rated
Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

Rexmonster80
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Ecommerce Product Price Options

Post by Rexmonster80 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:15 am

Thanks Dave you're right. I was thinking of it as ecommerce, but really it's a booking site with payment. Cheers :)

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”