DPCalendar event reflects incorrect time...

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
mldubau
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

DPCalendar event reflects incorrect time...

Post by mldubau » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:00 pm

Using DPCalendar and Google+ events to easily tie events to website event Calendar. Finding when event is created through Google+ events the event is shared properly to the right place but the time set to the event is reflected as seven hours later on website calendar. Not sure which end is miscalculated or where to adjust time zone in DPCalendar. Have included links to created event in question and where it shows both ends below:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cft7 ... csg?cfem=1

http://www.ozarkoffroadcyclists.com/eve ... view=month

Any help would be appreciated... Looked for Support through Digital Peak but they do not have a forum available.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: DPCalendar event reflects incorrect time...

Post by imanickam » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:19 am

Suggest checking the timezones in the Global Configuration and in the User Profile. I noticed myself that if the event creator's timezone is different, it reflects their time - not the server time in the Global Configuration. So, time of the event will reflect the event creator's time. I ended up making the timezone of the user who creates the events to match the timezone mentioned in the Global Configuration.

I know that this is not correct. However, being a free extension, nothing much could be done.

Suggest sending an email to the developer of the extension.

Hope this helps.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

mldubau
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mldubau » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:58 am

Thanks for the reply. I was actually in the process of contacting them when you posted. Will absolutely check under the GC settings you mention. Thanks again though.

If anyone else has maybe had the same occurrence some more insight would be appreciated.

trex57
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by trex57 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:31 pm

Yes, I can confirm I have the same issue. I've tried everthing I can think of to resolve. No setting or Timezone parameter seems to correct the problem.

mldubau, Any word from support at DPCalendar?

trex57
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by trex57 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:40 pm

I stand corrected. As imanickam indicated the timezone in Global Configuration was incorrect.

Problem solved.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”