tinCaptcha - just another

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jaybarad
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: tinCaptcha - just another

Post by jaybarad » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:34 am

Hello,

I used tin captcha plugin 2.0 for joomla 2.5 everythig is working fine but refresh image of captcha is not working please help me with that issue.It gives javascript error like $('hffdjs32248').addevent is not a function .please help me with that .
Thanks in advance.

ilhooq
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ilhooq » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:18 am

jaybarad wrote:It gives javascript error like $('hffdjs32248').addevent is not a function
It seems you have a javascript error in your template or in a third party extension.

kozaki
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kozaki » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:48 pm

I got a similar issue to that one baijianpeng got and have gone a bit further (see bellow).
But most important I want to thank ilhooq for taking this nice litle plugin from its former developper Quoc-Viet Nguyen, and port it under Joomla! 2.5. Merci !
baijianpeng wrote:Today I tested your tincaptcha plugin v2.0 on Joomla 2.5.9, it can show the input form, but does not show the CAPTCHA image. Why?
Of course I did [choose Tincaptcha as default captcha plugin in global Joomla configuration], otherwise, it won't work at all. I did not hack any core file. [...] it show up the form, but the image not show up , instead, a red cross. When checking the URL of that image, it is:

Code: Select all

http://localhost/rt/plugins/captcha/tincaptcha/image.php 
I am testing this plugin on localhost server built with XAMPP.
I did as you told, and tried to open that URL, and got a blank page.
Well, I think I will give up now. Too busy on other things. Thank you.
I'm having a very similar issue on a production web site that is online, Joomla! 2.5.9, PHP 5.3.
It's all just like baijianpeng except "Captcha Code" shows up in place of a red cross.
Pointing the browser to http://that.domain.ltd/plugins/captcha/ ... /image.php gave a

403 /new/plugins/captcha/tincaptcha/image.php
Interdit - Forbidden 
So I went to the .htaccess (which is protecting most sensitive files and directories), made sure _this_ file had direct access allowed, and tried again: same 403 Error.
Then I also allowed direct access to the tincaptcha/fonts/ directory, with no change.
Are there other files/directories needing direct access beside tincaptcha/image.php ? And if so please which one?

ps @baijianpeng (zhong wen pinyin): wo ye bu xi huan ReCaptcha! (i.e. what he said about ReCaptcha is just what I feel)

ilhooq
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ilhooq » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:56 am

kozaki wrote: So I went to the .htaccess (which is protecting most sensitive files and directories), made sure _this_ file had direct access allowed, and tried again: same 403 Error.
Did you try to remove or deactivate .htaccess to see if you can access the directory "/new/plugins/captcha/tincaptcha/" without this file ?

kozaki
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kozaki » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi,
Err nope, though it's on my todo list as soon as i get my hand on the web site testing version. Note that a bunch of plugins (too much actually :~/) including watermark and other too complicated captchas do work fine on the production site.
Am using sitebrain atm and it adds various, heavy scripts to the pages.

Odranoel
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Odranoel » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:50 pm

I managed to make tinCaptcha 2.0 function!

How to install tinCaptcha and configure Jommla on order to make it work is here in very short words.
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/tincaptcha

Below a more detalied description.

1. I downloaded tinCaptcha version 2.0 from here
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/tincaptcha/frs/

Before I had checked that the server had GD support, although I do not think it is necessary because the tinCaptcha plugin seems to check this at installation.
http://www.dagondesign.com/files/gd-test.txt
http://www.dagondesign.com/articles/che ... ur-server/

2. I installed the plugin in the extension manager by file upload.
Joomla Adminstration->Extensions->Extension Manager->Install: Upload Package File

3. I activaded the tinCaptcha plug in in the Plugin Manager
Joomla Adminstration->Extensions->Plug-in Manager: In the list "Captcha - Tincaptcha" the plugin is enabled by clicking on the status icon.

4. In the Joomla Adminstrator interface for my site I went to Global configuration, where I selected Tincaptcha as "Default Captcha".
Joomla Adminstration->Site->Global Configuration->Site select Tincaptcha as "Default Captcha"

Now, in tinCatpcha appears in the contact form!

Settings of the plugin can be changed by clicing on "Captcha - Tincaptcha" in the list in the Plug-in Manager. One can change things like for example word length, font size, text color, background color, max attempt number and waiting time.
Joomla Adminstration->Extensions->Plug-in Manager: Click on "Captcha - Tincaptcha in the list"

Odranoel
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Odranoel » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:33 pm

How to add languages to tinCaptcha

At the present (version 2.0) there are three languages in tinCaptcha. French, English and Vietnamese. It is fairly easy to add ones own language. In the installation files of the plugin there is a catalogue with the name "languages" within that catalogue there are language-files with translations within the sub-catalogues. Example in "en-GB".

I added Swedish by creating a catalogue "sv-SE" and then coping the files from the English version. Then I renamed the prefixes of the files accordingly. I only translated the front end text, wich makes the work minimal. Only the following few lines were translated into Swedish as follows:

PLG_TINCAPTCHA_ENTER_THE_CODE="Var god att ange koden i bilden ovan : "
PLG_TINCAPTCHA_REQUIRED="Du m&aring;ste ange en konfirmationskod.<br />"
PLG_TINCAPTCHA_WRONG="Konfirmationskoden var fel. Var god f&ouml;rs&ouml;k igen.<br />"
PLG_TINCAPTCHA_MAX_ATTEMPTS="Du har &ouml;verskridit maximalt antal f&ouml;rs&ouml;k för denna sessionen. Var god att f&ouml;rs&ouml;k igen efter %s sekunder.<br />"
PLG_TINCAPTCHA_REFRESH_TITLE="Klicka f&ouml;r att uppdatera bilden."
PLG_TINCAPTCHA_REFRESH_ALT="Uppdatera bilden"
These files are basically found here in a live installation:
/joomla/plugins/captcha/tincaptcha/language

sohopros
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by sohopros » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:47 am

Is anyone using this plugin for VirtueMart forms? If so, we could use some guidance.
SOHO Prospecting
https://www.sohoprospecting.com - Joomla Website development
Southern California - USA
Phone 866.644.7646

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”