Searching for weather module

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
slycrespo
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Searching for weather module

Post by slycrespo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Hello!
I am wondering if there is a weather module for Joomla 2.5 which is only in one line and shows only current weather. Something like on this page (on top right corner): www.ptuj.si
The module can be free or paid - it doesn't matter. I have searched for module like this, but I didn't found it. So I am asking for help! Thanks!

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Searching for weather module

Post by imanickam » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:04 am

Reviewed the weather modules and there are some modules that are compatible with Joomla! 2.5 and 3.x.

I doubt whether you will get a module exactly as you wish. Most likely you have to customize the module that you choose and install. I would suggest getting an extension/module that is free and then try to customize it before you get a paid extension.

I have reviewed some of the extensions and the code is a combination of javascript (mostly) and php.

Also, you have to get the keys based on the the weather service provider (e.g., Yahoo).

Note:
I believe that you are aware that Joomla! 2.5 is no longer supported. The current version of Joomla! is 3.6.5. If you plan the migration, suggest doing it in a test environment before migrating the production/live site.

Also, the last version of Joomla! 2.5 is 2.5.28 and there are two [security] hot-fixes after 2.5.28.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”