error messages with installation of JCE and chronoforms

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
kwaldron57
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

error messages with installation of JCE and chronoforms

Post by kwaldron57 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:57 am

I am a beginner in the world of website development but have been using Joomla in an online tutorial. I am running it on wampserver 2.2. Everything was fine until I tried to download JCE and I got the message below accompanied with bright orange exclamation marks when I went into global configurations to set JCE as my default editor.

Strict standards: Non-static method WFEditor::getInstance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\wamp\www\administrator\components\com_jce\models\model.php on line 112

Since then I have also gotten more of the same messages only worse when I tried to install and use chronoforms. It has been suggested that it might be a permissions issue or that maybe I need a different version of WAMP but to be honest that is all over my head!!! Any help you could offer would be great!!

bnalicea
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: error messages with installation of JCE and chronoforms

Post by bnalicea » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:28 am

I had the exact same issue when installing JCE editor. I haven't figured it out yet, but it is being discussed on this forum as well, but unfortunately you have to have a paid subscription to post in that forum..

http://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/foru ... ut/default

Keep your eyes on that, maybe it will get solved there before here.

Blasco
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Blasco » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:29 pm

On the joomlacontenteditor forum they say that in 3.0 the problem will be solved when the support of 1,5 stops.
In 3.02 I have still the same problem, so not solved yet.
I will try the solution there, if that not helps...

Blasco
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Blasco » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:19 pm

It helps, go to Global Configuration.
Then you see 5 heads, choose the third one named Server.
You see Server Settings, under that you see Error Reporting.
Set this to none and save exit.
Then go to main menu and you see the problem is not showed anymore, it is still a problem but you can do youre work.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”