The Joomla! Forum ™

Forum rules

Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:25 pm 
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Hi there, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for my question, but I saw none that fitted better.

I want to include an editor (TinyMCE, CodeMirror, ...) in my (self-developed) component; I followed the guide from the docs for this, but instead of a nice editor, I just get a blank space where it should be; there seems to be some kind of textarea - because I can enter text there, but all the formatting stuff is missing; i do however see the "buttons" below the editor, but just as text; see the attached screenshot. Firebug shows an iframe, but I can't view its content below the <html> tag...

Anybodoy got an idea what's wrong here? Am I maybe missing some more script inclusions (I do have the 'includes/js/joomla.javascript.js' included)?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:34 pm 
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Must have confused something, now it works.
What I still can't get to work though are the buttons below the editor, I guess those are intended for the backend only?
I'll just hide them for the moment.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:42 am 
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

One other thing: 'description' doesn't seem to work as editor name; this results in an javascript error (tinymce.get('description') is not defined). Either the name's too long, or description is some kind of reserved word...
And I now found the reason why the editor was empty: For the user I checked with the first time, CodeMirror was configured as default editor - that editor doesn't seem to work in the frontend.