Akeeba backup error

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
prince2552
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Akeeba backup error

Post by prince2552 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Hi,
Sorry for my English.
I would like to migrate to joomla3x and installed the Akeebabackup core to start the whole procedure and the necessary changes (extensions, templates etc.) on a local server.
Unfortunately I can not make up the site.
The version of Akeeba is 4.74, consistent with joomla 2.5.28 site
php is the 5.4.45 version
Akeeba has been installed following the Setup Wizard successful.

Start-up that locks about 74% with the following error in the sentence Log test:

ERROR !! Can not write to archive file <root> /administrator/components/com_akeeba/backup/site-aamisa.org-20170130-172805.j01. The file exists. File size 2000000000 bytes after writing 107 694 of 485 849 bytes. Please check the output directory permissions and make sure you have enough disk space available. If this does not help, please set-up for a Part Size Split Archives LOWER than this size and retry backing up.
| Could not write to the archive file; check the output directory permissions and make sure you have enough disk space available. [len = 107694/485849].
You can help me.
Thank you very much
Prince

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Akeeba backup error

Post by imanickam » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:58 am

File size of 2GB seems to be high.

As the error message species, please check whether enough space is available in the disk where the backup file is being written.

If enough space is available for the back-up file, as mentioned in the error message reduce the size of the option "Part size for split archives". This option is available in the screen "Akeeba Backup:: Configuration", in the section "Advanced configuration", and within the section the option "Archiver engine". Click on the button "Configure" and you would be presented with the list of options and one of the option is "Part size for split archives".

Before attempting this, you could also try to click the button "Configuration Wizard" that is in the screen "Akeeba Backup:: Configuration" and see whether the backup could be done by settings created by the Wizard.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”