Sigplus gallery with facebook like button how?

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
darkslayer
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Sigplus gallery with facebook like button how?

Post by darkslayer » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:00 am

I have just installed sigplus extension gallery and as far as i read in the configuration it should had the option to display the facebook "like" button but no matters what kind of boxplus i choose the button doesn´t display. Am i doing something wrong? What can i do to make it display? Thanks in advance

hunyadi
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Sigplus gallery with facebook like button how?

Post by hunyadi » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:19 pm

sigplus does not have official Facebook support. Facebook is a heavily commercial site whereas sigplus is completely free, and sigplus has no intention to promote a for-profit company. In addition, the Facebook API is difficult to integrate in a natural way with applications that go beyond the simple scenario of "liking" a specific page, as would be the case with images shown in a lightbox pop-up window. Nonetheless, upon specific user request (accompanied by a donation), some Facebook support was added to sigplus, which is available via the in-line parameter lightbox (or as a Custom setting in the administration back-end):

Code: Select all

{gallery lightbox="boxplus.facebook"}fruit{/gallery}
Other than what is discussed in the sigplus documentation, there is absolutely no (free) support associated with the Facebook variant of the boxplus pop-up window.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”