Photo gallery where you can see user that uploaded the image

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Stitch19
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Photo gallery where you can see user that uploaded the image

Post by Stitch19 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:30 pm

I need a component where a user can upload images to a general category where all users upload images(designs) and when u click on the image to be able to see:
1. who uploaded the image and when u click on the user to go to all his uploaded imagtes
2. and to have any kind of voting/rating system PLUS comments
I just couldnt find a component that does that :(
Ye i can buy jomsocial but i dont want users to have different photo albums but one general album for everyone.

Dhruba RC
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Photo gallery where you can see user that uploaded the i

Post by Dhruba RC » Wed May 02, 2012 3:39 am

Hi,
I think for the purpose you are stating JoomGallery would be the best choice for you; however, there would not be any link from the owner of the image to their profile or all of his / her uploads, but you can enable the sort option from the backend to let your users surf through the uploaded images in the frontend classified according to owners / members.

Another option could be SIMGallery, unfortunately it does not allow for creation of admin defined categories and users are able to create their own albums. You can do one thing though, if you allow the users to create only one album and them explicitly inform them to name their album with their username then it could look somehow the way you wish; again that would be an approximation.

Regards!

Stitch19
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Stitch19 » Fri May 04, 2012 8:19 am

I have found the perfect component called JWallpapers contest package which is not supported and not sold any more, so pissed off.
Any other recommendations ?

Dhruba RC
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Dhruba RC » Fri May 04, 2012 3:29 pm

I think you can also take a look at Datso Gallery, it is a paid extension comes at ~€20, but I think it is quite the value for money after taking a look at the features and surfing through the gallery. I found it to be pleasant looking and it also boasts of a tagging feature that you can use to create a tag cloud.
Though I have not used it but when I forwarded a question the reply was prompt and I think it will suite your purpose very well. Do have a look at it.
Here is a link to their website - www.datso.fr and in JED you can find the same under photo galleries.
Hope this solves your problem, and please leave a reply if you think it to be worth while for I might decide to use it someday in one of my projects.

Regards,
Dhruba

Stitch19
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Stitch19 » Fri May 04, 2012 4:36 pm

Dhruba RC wrote:I think you can also take a look at Datso Gallery, it is a paid extension comes at ~€20, but I think it is quite the value for money after taking a look at the features and surfing through the gallery. I found it to be pleasant looking and it also boasts of a tagging feature that you can use to create a tag cloud.
Though I have not used it but when I forwarded a question the reply was prompt and I think it will suite your purpose very well. Do have a look at it.
Here is a link to their website - http://www.datso.fr and in JED you can find the same under photo galleries.
Hope this solves your problem, and please leave a reply if you think it to be worth while for I might decide to use it someday in one of my projects.

Regards,
Dhruba
Im so much thankful to you I trully am! :)
This looks exacly what I want and even more.. How come I didnt find it wow.. I will definetly try it this weekend and when I do I will leave you a pm to let u know how it is.
Thanks!

Dhruba RC
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Dhruba RC » Fri May 04, 2012 8:59 pm

Many thanks for your appreciation!
Hopefully it will serve your needs to the fullest and may you find more functionalities that will only aid in your development.

I stumbled upon a curious extension, it is a tagging facility in JED called TorTags and it claims to have the ability to synchronise itself with virtually any component of Joomla (as a matter of fact it has tutorial on phoca gallery), however I failed to work it out with JoomGallery. I think you can also take a look at it and there are other such extensions available under "search & indexing". If you have any luck in figuring out how to synchronise JoomGallery or any other gallery for that matter with TorTag, please make a post of how you were able to do that.

Best wishes and have a great weekend! :D

Regards,
Dhruba

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”