Module display issues

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
knoxee611
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Module display issues

Post by knoxee611 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:20 am

Hi, am workin on this site and i installed a module called BT Content slider to display articles in a cartegory. The problem i have is when i click the "read more" button on the front end, the full content of the article displays but the module still shows the other articles. How can i set the option for the module not to be displayed when i click on the read more button such that only the article i want to read will be displayed at a time. thanks

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Module display issues

Post by imanickam » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:32 pm

Try the following:

Go to the Module Manager, open the BT Content Slider module for edit, in the left bottom screen you would notice a section titled Menu Assignment. Assign this module only to the menu item Home and see what happens.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

knoxee611
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Module display issues

Post by knoxee611 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:08 pm

Thanks for your response. the module is assigned to display on only one menu and it does display correctly but when the read more button is clicked, the article that is clicked on will open in full but the module will still be displayed alongside the open article. what i want to achieve is to get only the article to display when i click on "Read More" without the module appearing. Any hints?

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”