Smart Search - dumb problems.

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
rosciak
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Smart Search - dumb problems.

Post by rosciak » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:43 pm

I'm trying to run Smart Search on my Joomla 2.5website. I have about 150 articles, but i would like to search only about 100. Let me explain. I would like to exclude all contacts, categiories, etc etc, i want only the search results from some choosen articles. When i press Index - Smart search is indexing, then i will get results from ALL articles.

In both - Joomla Smart Search module autocompletion list, but in the list of results too. This list contains results from all articles. Okay. i understand that. Then i go to the Indexed Content and there is list of all indexed (contacts, authors, categories articles). Okay. I click on unpublish all those i dont need to see in the search results, but it does not affect any search results. I still see results from all - published and unpublished.

So... for what i can use unpublish? Next i'm trying to delete all those i dont need to see in the search results. After removing them i can see one small difference. The list of autocompletion is still taken from ALL articles (even if they are removed from Indexed Content), but when i click on some results, - i can get messsage - it does not exists :/

How to remove some content from Smart Search? How to make it working - Smart Search and the autocompletion list only in selected area (100 of 150 articles. 0 categories, authors, contacts etc etc).

rosciak
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Smart Search - dumb problems.

Post by rosciak » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:24 am

Seriously - no one knows how to use Smart Search only in one category? Noone from whole community? How to exclude all other categories from search? I have added some filters in the but ITS NOT WORKING. Please help and tell me how to use this Smart search. I unpublished uwanted articles. I added new filter search in only one category. I choosed correct filter in the Smart Search module. I even added a new menu position Search, cuz i read it can help, but nothing.

sneatherlin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sneatherlin » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:50 pm

I know it is not the answer cause I am fighting with the same issue albeit with K2 Categories and in Joomla 3.4.5. I finally ended up unpublishing items from the different categories I wanted to exclude as a poor substitute for how I really wanted to do it. If you find an answer would love to hear it myself.

modernmagic
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by modernmagic » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:43 pm

I also can not get it to only search in the category I selected in the "Search Filter".
Joomla! Website Designer http://www.modernmagic.com
Joomla! User Group Leadership Team http://www.ocjoomlausergroup.org/

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”