Joomla 1.6 please help

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
rider15
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla 1.6 please help

Post by rider15 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:09 am

Hi guys i need help,I just install Joomla 1.6 i did all the steps with the installation but on the end when i press "site" button it just return me to the begining of the installation and also on the end i need to do something with the code but i don't know what here is the message:Your configuration file or directory is not writable or there was a problem creating the configuration file. You will have to upload the following code by hand. Click in the text area to highlight all of the code and then paste into a new text file. Name this file 'configuration.php' and upload it to your site root folder.Can anyone help me please.Thanks for answers

sr77in
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla 1.6 please help

Post by sr77in » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi,
Once you completed installation, and before pressing "site" button, did you remove the "installation" folder from your server?

I don't understand how that message appears? Are you using Windows Vista/7 OS? If you were able to install then the "www" folder must be having write permissions. anyways, are you installing on local machine or online server?

rider15
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Joomla 1.6 please help

Post by rider15 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:45 pm

sr77in wrote:Hi,
Once you completed installation, and before pressing "site" button, did you remove the "installation" folder from your server?

I don't understand how that message appears? Are you using Windows Vista/7 OS? If you were able to install then the "www" folder must be having write permissions. anyways, are you installing on local machine or online server?
Yes I removed installation folder and upload configuration.php pn my host server and everything now work,but thank you for the help :D

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”