parse error creating database

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
turpentyne
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

parse error creating database

Post by turpentyne » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi... I've set up joomla, just using the automated setup for a domain through Godaddy.com. This time, I'm trying to do it manually. I want to set it up in a specific folder so that I can apply a domain name to it later.

I uploaded the files into that folder, then tried to go through the installation. When I get to the database setup, It sets nothing up and I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in filepath/html/redwhites/installation/views/database/tmpl/default.php on line 13

To see if it would work, I created my own empty database on the server, and hoped I could find where in the files to plug that info in to have it populate an existing database. But I can't find anything (if I can really even do it this way)

Any help would be appreciated.

on the file mentioned the first bits of code up to line 19 are below.I've done nothing to them. This is as downloaded from joomla:

Code: Select all

<?php
/**
 * @package		Joomla.Installation
 * @copyright	Copyright (C) 2005 - 2012 Open Source Matters, Inc. All rights reserved.
 * @license		GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt
 */

defined('_JEXEC') or die;
?>
<div id="step">
	<div class="far-right">
<?php if ($this->document->direction == 'ltr') : ?>
		<div class="button1-right"><div class="prev"><a href="index.php?view=license" onclick="return Install.goToPage('license');" rel="prev" title="<?php echo JText::_('JPrevious'); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('JPrevious'); ?></a></div></div>
		<div class="button1-left"><div class="next"><a href="#" onclick="Install.submitform();" rel="next" title="<?php echo JText::_('JNext'); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('JNext'); ?></a></div></div>
<?php elseif ($this->document->direction == 'rtl') : ?>
		<div class="button1-right"><div class="prev"><a href="#" onclick="Install.submitform();" rel="next" title="<?php echo JText::_('JNext'); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('JNext'); ?></a></div></div>
		<div class="button1-left"><div class="next"><a href="index.php?view=license" onclick="return Install.goToPage('license');" rel="prev" title="<?php echo JText::_('JPrevious'); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('JPrevious'); ?></a></div></div>
<?php endif; ?>
	</div>

demvang
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: parse error creating database

Post by demvang » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:37 pm

You try delete line " syntax error, unexpected $end in filepath/html/redwhites/installation/views/database/tmpl/default.php on line 13 "

http://demvang.com

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”