Complete Nightmare

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
joomstart
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Complete Nightmare

Post by joomstart » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:37 am

Been trying to get this set up for over a week now and this will be my last go before getting a normal life back !!

Basically I design in Serif Wpx5 and want a cms page on some web sites

Gone through the whole setup process with great help from my hosting company (host9) and arrived at the point where I could get a site etc.couk/cms to load and get the front page saying 'home'. Find out I need a specific admin access to the 'back end' to create text entry modifications etc. Just get a 404 message when I try etc.couk/administrator

Checked my hosting server through ftp and the admin file is all there on the site along with everything else - still no progress and pulling out my hair.

For setting up something that purports to be "easy setup etc etc " I conclude that it's far from that. It may be if you deal with it 4 hours a day but not for anyone else.

I'm only looking for a page here and there that my clients can enter data for themselves and I would have thought it would not have been that complicated

Ant help will be appreciated before I throw it all in the bin

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Complete Nightmare

Post by imanickam » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:48 am

If you are accessing your site using the URL couk/cms, to get into the back-end to administer the site, you have to use the URL couk/cms/administrator - Not couk/administrator as mentioned.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

joomstart
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Complete Nightmare

Post by joomstart » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:19 am

imanickam wrote:If you are accessing your site using the URL couk/cms, to get into the back-end to administer the site, you have to use the URL couk/cms/administrator - Not couk/administrator as mentioned.
thanks for coming back so promptly. I can now get to the admin page but none of the user names passwords will work !?!?!

Unusually there seems to be no way for joomla to email me any forgotten aspect of logging in password or username (although Ive religiously written down every single thing since I started )

Never seen that before you can always get an email that will be sent with password or the ability to write a new one !

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”