Joomla 2.5.3 PreInstallation check step 2

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
buraco
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla 2.5.3 PreInstallation check step 2

Post by buraco » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:45 pm

Hi there, following pre installation checks, I cannot figure out why, in step 2, this directive is getting a "No":
Database Support() "no"

My machine have installed, mysql 5.1.61 for Debian, Php 5.3.6 and apache 2.2.20
Any help will be appreciated.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Joomla 2.5.3 PreInstallation check step 2

Post by imanickam » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:36 pm

Review of the discussion http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=236&t=277540 could be of help.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

buraco
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by buraco » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:18 am

Many thanks Imanickam but this link is a win32 oriented one, equally I tried but still don´t figure out to find the way to change this flag to "Yes"
:(
Regards,

Shosha
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Shosha » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:00 am

I have the same problem.
I get to pre-Installation Check and "Database Support:()" is set to NO....
Does anyone know how to fix this?
(I am using a mac and cpanel for this website).
I have called up the hosting help desk, they don't know how to help.. (great!).
Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks kindly,

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:29 am

It would seem that neither of you have AMP configured to interact with each other. This could be as simple as enabling MySQLi support in the php.ini configuration file. It is difficult to answer issues on the wide variation of OS and AMP installation methods that are available.
On Debian it may well be that you can create an automatically configured LAMP installation.
The Mac Server option in a production server is new to me and you need to do a lot more work researching this yourself.
Either of you might be able to install and use Zend Server CE is a community edition without technical support and a few other features and Zend Server which is a paid for installation with "bells and whistles". Both can be used on the three main OS and others, but how it might interact (interfere) with existing control panels I have no idea. The beauty of Zend is that they are the commercial arm of PHP itself and therefore there is a lot of knowledge with them. You can also start with CE and upgrade to the full system at any time.
HTH

Andy

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”