No save button on backend

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
midnight25
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

No save button on backend

Post by midnight25 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:40 pm

I just got through doing a fresh install of 2.5.4 and it looks like everything went well.

However, in the backend I cannot find the save (and other related) button [see screen shot below]. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help! Image

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: No save button on backend

Post by humvee » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:35 am

You make no mention as to whether this is a localhost installation or on a Web Host Company server. Nor details of the OS and server software versions that are running! This would be helpful in future. ;)

Either way it would seem you have a corrupt installation as a result of a problem with the unarchiving of Joomla! and the transfer of it to its final location.

You need to delete the existing files and database and start again as you do not know what else might be missing!

Firstly, unpack Joomla with a non-Microsoft archive manager - I would recommend 7-Zip - if on a localhost machine make sure you do this with Windows administrator privileges and extract the files directly into their final resting place (don't use Windows copy and paste to transfer the files after extraction) .
Secondly if on a remote host do use a Microsoft FTP program to upload the files - I would suggest WinSCP instead.

If your host has both an upload and unzip functionality built into their control panel you can also try using this.

hth
Andy

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”