Can't install 2.5.4 - 2nd site - with existing 1.7.3 site

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Atout
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Can't install 2.5.4 - 2nd site - with existing 1.7.3 site

Post by Atout » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Hello,
Is it possible to build 2 local sites on the same PC?
I made my 1st with 1.7.3 and want to install a 2nd one with 2.5.4.
The install of 2.5.4 does not strat. There is no action when I press the "next" button on the 1st screen - language select. (I tried also to install the 2nd site with 1.7.3 without succes)

I run Windows 7 and Wampserver 2.1 (Apache: 2.2.17 PHP: 5.3.5 MySQL: 5.5)

Thanks for your help.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Can't install 2.5.4 - 2nd site - with existing 1.7.3 sit

Post by imanickam » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:52 am

Try a different browser and see what happens.

Yes, you could have more than one site on the localhost.

What you could do is to create sub-directories under the directory where the domain localhost is pointing to. For example, this directory would be www if you are using WAMP Server.

You could install Joomla! in the sub-directories created. The URL for the sites would be localhost/sub-directory-name. For example, if you have installed Joomla! 1.7.5 in a directory named mysite1 and Joomla! 2.5.4 in a directory named mysite2, their URLs would be localhost/mysite1 and localhost/mysite2 respectively.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”