No access to Admin any more

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Beeblefrax
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

No access to Admin any more

Post by Beeblefrax » Tue May 08, 2012 5:58 am

Google shows similar problems, but this is different. Like some,

Access to Admin panel works OK in IE - suddenly, not FireFox (FF)
  • have been accessing with FF for about 3 months.
  • I have FF updates set to ask - have been none
  • a copy of the entire site, on another server under a other domain, works fine.
  • Only this Joomla (info)...
    • - Joomla! Version Joomla! 1.7.5 Stable [ Ember ] 02-Feb-2012 14:00 GMT
      - Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 11.2.0 Stable+Modified [ Omar ] 27-Jul-2011 00:00 GMT
      - User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
    ...seems to have a fault.
I doubt it's FF since FF can access a duplicate copy on under another domain (the testing one).

Ideas? - other than anything radical. It would be nice to get it working but I can live without using FF on the one site.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: No access to Admin any more

Post by humvee » Tue May 08, 2012 9:29 am

Just out of interest what addons do you have for FF?

FF is now on version 12. Go to About Firefox either under Help (Windows) or Firefox (MAC) and click. Then check for updates.

There have been some reports of certain addons Firebug I think for one as well as others causing issues just after upgrades to FF12 perhaps that is happening lower down the chain too? Have you tried updating FF?

That aside, how did you copy your site across?

[Mod note: Moved from General Forum to Installation Forum.]

Beeblefrax
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Beeblefrax » Tue May 08, 2012 4:04 pm

humvee wrote:Just out of interest what addons do you have for FF?
FF is now on version 12. Go to About Firefox either under Help (Windows) or Firefox (MAC) and click. Then check for updates.
If this forum reply tool will let me reply this time (keeps telling me I have to be logged in - duh!) Any way, it is version 12, and only it's generic addons - some which I disabled in trying things.

{ brevity}
humvee wrote:That aside, how did you copy your site across?
Easy, this happened after it was copied. The copy works just fine with other browsers, and on the twin site, but not the main site. I can log in to admin via IE and use to be able to with FF - no long with FF, FF logs in to admins elsewhere.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Tue May 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Well I am guessing then that the issue is indeed FF as you reiterated that the site works with other browsers, so it is not a Joomla issue. There is something there that isn't liked.
One thing another user did do (the one I referenced in passing) with regard the addons was uninstall their addons, then uninstall FF.
Then reinstalled FF direct from the main package and added back the addons and it all works fine. So a possible option. Other than that sorry no ideas.

Beeblefrax
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Beeblefrax » Wed May 09, 2012 1:20 am

humvee wrote:Well I am guessing then that the issue is indeed FF as you reiterated that the site works with other browsers, so it is not a Joomla issue....
FYI:

I just came across additional info. It seems that after I migrated the site to the twin, public site, the database was restored from a backup of the previous night. Before the backup, FF worked fine. After the backup, is when the problem started.

I had someone check, and they could access the Admin panel via their UID and FF. I agree, must be FF. But I won't worry about fixing it now. Like I said, I can live without it on tghat panel/site.

Thanks for the insight

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”