Fatal error: Class 'JLog' not found

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Nunzio2012
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Fatal error: Class 'JLog' not found

Post by Nunzio2012 » Sun May 13, 2012 12:42 pm

I've been trying to install Joomla! and had a few other fatal errors but up to now have managed to find the corrupted file and re-upload it successfully. This one has me stumped, however. I am completely new to Joomla! so please use the simplest terms possible and be as detailed as possible with any instructions.

So here is the error message I get:
Fatal error: Class 'JLog' not found in /www/zymichost.com/n/u/n/nunziosnj/htdocs/libraries/joomla/environment/request.php on line 22
So I went to the libraries folder, then the joomla folder, then the environment folder and checked the request.php file. I'm using FileZilla. The file isn't corrupt, it fully uploaded correctly. So I checked line 22 of the file which reads:
JLog::add('JRequest is deprecated.', JLog::WARNING, 'deprecated');
So I'm at a bit of a loss as to what is going on. Any ideas? Any other details needed to figure out what's going on?

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Fatal error: Class 'JLog' not found

Post by toivo » Sun May 13, 2012 12:46 pm

According to the error message, the class JLog is not found. This class is defined in libraries/joomla/log/log.php which file must be missing or corrupt.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Nunzio2012
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Nunzio2012 » Sun May 13, 2012 12:56 pm

Ah, thanks. See, I wouldn't have known to look there. As a tangent to this, how does one know where these classes are defined? Just in case I come across any other class errors since it seems filezilla has screwed up a hand full of the files. I want to know where to look without having to go through each file to make sure it uploaded correctly. (Which I'm worried I'll wind up doing anyway just o make sure, ugh!)

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Sun May 13, 2012 1:02 pm

If you use an FTP client like FileZilla, you can check the number of failed transfers.

The PHPXref application produces a cross reference listing which has all the information where classes and methods are defined, and where they are referenced: http://phpxref.sourceforge.net/
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Nunzio2012
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Nunzio2012 » Sun May 13, 2012 1:06 pm

okay, thanks! I did already re-que and re-upload all the failed file transfers but it seems some of the files were corrupted when they uploaded. I'll just try and find all the corrupted files and re-upload them again. Thanks again. :)

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Mon May 14, 2012 7:33 am

Your best bet at this early stage is to re-upload ALL the Joomla files to replace the items in the joomla_root/ - better now than keep finding problems as you go along.

Unless the problems continue (when it would be best to re-run the installation from the start on a clear server and database) do not upload the /installation directory again as it is not needed.

Do not use a Windows own archive manager to unzip the Joomla! archive in the first place, use 7-Zip or similar.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”