404 Not Found - Redirected to installation/index.phped $end"

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
parkingport
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

404 Not Found - Redirected to installation/index.phped $end"

Post by parkingport » Wed May 02, 2012 3:35 am

Hey guys,

After doing a fresh install of Joomla 2.5 I try and navigate to the Homepage using the main URL and receive the following error page...
"404 Not Found - The requested URL /installation/index.php was not found on this server."

Why would I be redirected back to the installation/index.php AFTER having completed the install AND deleting the installation folder as instructed.
(ps: I'm able to access and log in to Joomla Administration/Back-end with no problem)

Please assist?!

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: 404 Not Found - Redirected to installation/index.php

Post by humvee » Wed May 02, 2012 9:51 am

Were there any problems during the installation process.
Is there a configuration.php file in the joomla_root/ directory.
What are the write permissions of the folders and directories in the joomla_root/ directory.
Is the Installation directory completely removed from the joomla_root/ directory
Run the Forum post Assistant to provide the information to help us resolve the issue.
Is there an .htaccess file in joomla_root/
Is there an index.html file in joomla_root/

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”