Hosting

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
davelalande
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Hosting

Post by davelalande » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:38 pm

I'm new to Joomla. I'm looking for a hoster (doesn't need to be the least expensive) that can offer:

Joomla install (latest stable)
Joomla upgrade (they do the upgrading on demand to the latest stable)
Dedicated IP
SSL
MUST be compatible with Pinnacle Cart
Great Support

Can someone throw out some suggestions and customer reviews if possible?

Thanks... Dave

matt777
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Hosting

Post by matt777 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:10 pm

I think its more down to what you are willing to spend. If money is no question and you want good support probably best to go with Rochen or something simular as they are dedicated to Joomla. Otherwise if you want value for money and willing to put up with some of the basic floors and problems you get with a cheap hosting company you should just look around at the reviews for the basic hosts.
Eastern Odyssey | http://www.easternodyssey.com The Definitive Guide to Asia

davelalande
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by davelalande » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Cost is not our first consideration. We need support. The sites we want to drop into Joomla are ecommerce sites running Pinnacle Cart. We don't want to have to mess much with Joomla's core and keeping it upgraded, secure. We're going to tie the Joomla db DB to the Pinnacle DB so you only have to login once. We don't want cheap, we want quality and support. I was looking at Rochen.

Thank you Matt.

matt777
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by matt777 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Well in that case Rochen would probably be your best bet. They work directly with Joomla and according to all accounts have the best support available. Plus if you get stuck they are always on the forum. I dont think their would be any other hosting company that has as much involvement and support for Joomla as Rochen does.
Eastern Odyssey | http://www.easternodyssey.com The Definitive Guide to Asia

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”