Joomla 2.5/ 1.7 installation error(s)

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
1soul
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla 2.5/ 1.7 installation error(s)

Post by 1soul » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:23 pm

I tried upgrading my site to the 2.5 version and initially everything seemed to have updated fine. But then I started noticing some errors in my menu items showing as such:

Warning: str_repeat() [function.str-repeat]: Second argument has to be greater than or equal to 0 in /home/thesoul2/public_html/onespiritualsoul.com/administrator/components/com_menus/views/items/tmpl/default.php on line 130
Aging

And then I had a new member try to sign up and they can't access the site now.

I tried reinstalling the 2.5 which gave me the error below and also tried reverting back to the 1.7 version and still get the same error:

JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL DB function failed with error number 1060
Duplicate column name 'ordering' SQL=ALTER TABLE `j16_languages` ADD COLUMN `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default 0 AFTER `published`;
SQL =
ALTER TABLE `#__languages` ADD COLUMN `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default 0 AFTER `published`;
Files Update: SQL error file DB function failed with error number 1060
Duplicate column name 'ordering' SQL=ALTER TABLE `j16_languages` ADD COLUMN `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default 0 AFTER `published`;
SQL =
ALTER TABLE `#__languages` ADD COLUMN `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default 0 AFTER `published`;

My site is onespiritualsoul.com I've attached a screenshot of the backend menu item error as well. Can anyone help with these issues?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

webhq
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla 2.5/ 1.7 installation error(s)

Post by webhq » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:30 am

Have you tried the new "repair database" function?
When upgrading Joomla, you will see a tab called "database". Click the "repair" button

1soul
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 1soul » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Actually, that seems to have helped. Apparently, I had like 59 issues with my database. It fixed all but 3 of them related to "newsfeeds." I'm not sure what that even impacts but I guess I'll find out soon enough. I am still, however, looking at 3 menus on the backend showing:

Warning: str_repeat() [function.str-repeat]: Second argument has to be greater than or equal to 0 in /home/thesoul2/public_html/onespiritualsoul.com/administrator/components/com_menus/views/items/tmpl/default.php on line 129

Any ideas on this? Also, my jomsocial seems to be working but the component isn't showing in the backend. Is this simply because jomsocial hasn't actually made a compatible version yet for the 2.5? That's my assumption...

evanburke
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by evanburke » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:38 pm

I'm having the same problem.

Can't believe this topic has been open for over a year without a resolution.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”