admin login

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ironeagle1
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

admin login

Post by ironeagle1 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:43 pm

Hello
Having some complications. We had a guy build us a site. Found out he used joomla. Just recent started our own hostgator account since we couldn't get changes. Files transfered to our hostgator account. Login to hostgator control panel. I tried to use fantastico in the control panel to install and everything seemed fine until I get email that has links to click to take me to admin login but they go to page not found. Ok i change the link a little and now I get to a login for joomla and my page but username and password is incorrect.

Lost

Thanks

Topper

monlike
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: admin login

Post by monlike » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:35 pm

if you dont have username and password
you can change it in database

ironeagle1
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ironeagle1 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:40 pm

ok, i'll look into that. It had me create username and password but the email that i received had new user name and password. Neither will work.

monlike
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by monlike » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:05 am

yes ofcurse if youe email submied for username correctly you can reset it and then login to your administration

odlawso
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by odlawso » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:14 pm

We can change or view directly into the configuration.php file. It is located in the server root of public_html.
Last edited by pe7er on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: manual signature has been removed

yo23
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by yo23 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:40 pm

Do you have access to database? If so, just find jos_users (jos is a prefix, yours could be different) and then click on edit, next to the user you want to change. After that, select MD5 on drop-down list right next to password field, and AFTER that just enter new password and click Go.

Now, go to your admin page and good luck :)

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”