SQL Database error while installing Joomla 2.5.14

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
cs071372
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

SQL Database error while installing Joomla 2.5.14

Post by cs071372 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:46 am

Hi all,
i had an old website and i deleted everything in the /httpdocs cause i wanted to start a new one, thus there is already an existing database. When i try to install joomla 2.5.14 in the "data configuration" stage, i get this error: Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number: Unable to connect to the Database: Could not connect to MySQL.

Is it because the database already exists? I put the right username & password but still nothing.

thanks in advance.
Last edited by imanickam on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the Filipino Forum » Pinoy General Discussion & Archives » Design Tips and Tricks to the [English] forum Installation - Joomla! 2.54

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: SQL Database error while installing Joomla 2.5.14

Post by imanickam » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:33 am

Suggest checking the hostname and the database name.

Hope the technical requirements as documented at http://www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html are met.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

cs071372
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: SQL Database error while installing Joomla 2.5.14

Post by cs071372 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:59 am

Thanks for the reply.
Is it maybe because the database is the one that i created for my previous website? Or it doesnt matter at all? It should still work right?

thanks

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”