Receiving errors upon installing Joomla 2.5.4

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Arytek
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Receiving errors upon installing Joomla 2.5.4

Post by Arytek » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:11 pm

I am having an issue when installing Joomla 2.5.4 using the RocketTheme RocketLauncher template I bought. When visiting the installation page of my website, it contains errors on the page as shown in the attachment. I try to ignore the errors and move on but once I click "Next", it just keeps loading and does not continue. What can I do about this? I don't want to install the newest version of Joomla because then I will not be able to install the RocketLauncher file I have and the template will have to be completely set up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Receiving errors upon installing Joomla 2.5.4

Post by toivo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:21 pm

Does your server run PHP 5.5? You need to fine tune error reporting in the PHP configuration so that errors are not displayed, or, alternatively, filter notices, warnings and deprecated messages.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Arytek
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Arytek » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:26 pm

The PHP version is 5.5.13 but I'm unable to change anything and the hosting provider will not change anything for me. Would it be possible to download the latest Joomla version and transfer the template file along with it's sample data to the newest version?

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:41 pm

It would be easier to add a line to the .htaccess file to turn off display_errors.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Arytek
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Arytek » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:54 pm

I just went ahead and replaced the Joomla files with the 2.5.24 update files, uploaded that ZIP and extracted it. It installed fine with some errors but once I disabled error reporting in the control panel, it's working fine.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”