Sign In window missing from Admin Page 2.5

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
cammot
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Sign In window missing from Admin Page 2.5

Post by cammot » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:49 pm

My site recently got hacked and I had to delete the entire Joomla directory. I restored by uploading a backup directory of the same I had saved previously. There are several issues that I am running into. The first and more importantly, is I cannot access the Admin page - I get a page that has the website name indicating that the backup may have uploaded satisfactorily, but the problem, is that there is no sign in window on this Admin page. Not sure if I need to do some write permission changes for the the uploaded files.

Could you kindly advise, how I might get around to get the sign in window back on the admin page.

Thanks

coding1
I've been banned!

Re: Sign In window missing from Admin Page 2.5

Post by coding1 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:09 am

- what is your link site and we can look?
- set error_reporting to maximum in configuration.php and see error message?

cammot
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Sign In window missing from Admin Page 2.5

Post by cammot » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:07 pm

coding1 wrote:- what is your link site and we can look?
- set error_reporting to maximum in configuration.php and see error message?
How safe would it be to share the link to the site publicly here ? I would prefer to keep that private, if possible.

Please advise how I could change the - "set error_reporting to maximum in configuration.php and see error message?" , and see the error message.

Just to state the issue again. The intial Admin login screen, where one signs in, is missing the window for entering the user name and password. Instead, a clean page with no error message, but with the site 's name to the top left appears - indicating that the server is responsive, but does provide the login page as it should !

Thanks

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”