Transfering SSLenabled Joomla site from hosting to localhost

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
abrodski
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Transfering SSLenabled Joomla site from hosting to localhost

Post by abrodski » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 pm

Hello!

I have a web site that has HTTPS. Right now I DO NOT have SSL certificate installed on hosting. They charge extra for that. I want to transfer my site to a localhost and then to install SSL on Apache myself. So I wonder whether I should pay them and have them SSL certificate installed on a hosting server and after that to copy to site to a localhost OR to leave it alone as it is now and just install SSL on Apache from scratch myself.
I ALREADY have SSL certificate installed as it was PRIOR to my termination of my previous hosting account (when that archive ZIP file was originally created). It's already there files-wise, just not installed yet on my new (current) hosting server. And though I don't feel like wasting $25 for their job to install SSL's (I've got 2, but they charge for a bulk of an extra 10+1 free that comes with the hosting plan = 11 SSL's alltogether), money is not a critical point here. What is critical is the EASY path for me to get the job done. I'm not a big expert when it comes to system administration and Apache. And I'm a complete novice in Linux (I use W7/Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop edition dual-boot box).

ppisljar
I've been banned!

Re: Transfering SSLenabled Joomla site from hosting to local

Post by ppisljar » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:14 pm

abrodski wrote:What is critical is the EASY path for me to get the job done. I'm not a big expert when it comes to system administration and Apache. And I'm a complete novice in Linux (I use W7/Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop edition dual-boot box).
then maybe self-hosting is not the best idea ?

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”