cant continue at lang selection - JS and CSS not loading

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
n0_ah
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

cant continue at lang selection - JS and CSS not loading

Post by n0_ah » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:36 pm

Hello all

I have the issue that the installation of joomla 2.5, 2.5.8 and 3.4 is not working. (I need to have 2.5.8 but tested other versions to see if if the error is consistant.)

I have Ubuntu server 14.04 with apache 2.4.7, php 5.5.9 and mysql 5.5.44 installed.

I extract the zip to the corresponding subdomain directory, set the ownership of the joomla installation to www-data:www-data and access the site with Firefox 40 from my Ubuntu 15.04 machine.

I see the language selection screen and click next, without any reaction. When I open up the Firefox Devtools i see that most of the CSS and JS files get a 404 error, but i cant figure out why. I've also tested several different versions of Joomla, but all have the same issue.

All the other CMSs and tools on my server are working fine.

Attached you have a screenshot of the firefox devtools.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

neostan
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: cant continue at lang selection - JS and CSS not loading

Post by neostan » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:53 pm

I've got similar issue. When I click on next, it just adds a "#" to the end of the URL and nothing happens beyond that.

Any help is appreciated.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: cant continue at lang selection - JS and CSS not loading

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:17 pm

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=621&t=582860 Please.

The latest version of the 2.5 series is 2.5.28. Use that and downgrade php to 5.3

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”