Web Platform Installer deployment error

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 2.5 (All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.) on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
johk2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Web Platform Installer deployment error

Post by johk2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi,

I have a similar problem ie I get the error msg “500, JHtml: :behavior not supported. File not found.” for a joomla 2.5 install.

What really confuses me is that the Joomla 2.5 install is in a subfolder of an already working Joomla 1.5 site. I have been trying to run FPA but it get stuck on the “Hang on while we run some tests..” – I left it on that screen for a few minutes.
The site is hosted by Webcentral and the system info is:

PHP Built on: Windows NT SWP0001-003NL 6.1 build 7601 (Unknow Windows version Standard Edition Service Pack 1) i586
Database Version: 5.1.47-community
Database Collation: latin1_swedish_ci
PHP Version: 5.3.6
Web Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi

I tried the above ‘fix’ but it didn’t help. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

johk
Last edited by humvee on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as resolved

johk2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Web Platform Installer deployment error

Post by johk2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi,
I tried the suggestion in this thread but the FPA still doesn't run http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 4&start=30
Please see attached screen dump

Cheers,
johk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:07 pm

[Mod Note: Split topic http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=623&t=770390 into separate threads as related to new issue. Please just add a cross-reference to anything you have previously tried. Thank you. ]

The first thing evident from your original post is that the database collation character set is incorrect. It must be UTF8-general-ci for Joomla 2.5.

Well there would clearly seem to be something significantly wrong with the server set up if a basic PHP script will not run.

Are you following the instructions within the post and the enclosed instructions closely?

Are you running the script from within the directory in which the main Joomla 2.5 site files are present?

Try running it from within the 1.5 site directory instead just so that we can at least see the output. Just include a note that it is the 1.5 site so no one is misled.

The IIS, MySQL, and PHP versions as stated are more than adequate for J2.5 however and cgi-fcgi is the optimum handler for this type of server. It would therefore tend to suggest some other server misconfiguration issue or missing PHP extension that is causing the problems.

johk2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by johk2 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:30 am

Hi,
Thanks for replying.
I chnaged the path.php as descibed here http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 1#p2944071 which solved the problem.
I can however still not run the FPA in either the main directory where the functioning Joomla 1.5 site is or in the subdirectory.

Well, I am relieved that the site is working now though. Haven't fully tested it yet ie tried to install extentions etc.

Cheers,
johk

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Glad it is resolved and marked thread as such.

It would be interesting to find out why the FPA would not install if you ever get time to look into this then please post back anything you find, the issue is that not too many people are using IIS etc and there can be difficulty identifying anything for the developers so any help would be appreciated.

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 on IIS webserver”