Joomla 2.5 on MSSQL 2008

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 2.5 (All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.) on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
adam.hughes
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Joomla 2.5 on MSSQL 2008

Post by adam.hughes » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:06 pm

I have tried installing Joomla 2.5 (and 3) onto a fresh IIS 7.5 and Mssql 2008 (R2) database environment and it always fails in the same way.

The installation works a treat and goes though fine. I even install the sample data and everything works fine.
But when I try to log in to the admin pages it fails saying you do not have access to the administrator section of the site and the frontend fails with the following error :
[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near the keyword ......
I believe that the two issues are the same and in fact the same as the issue on Joomla 3 (where you just get the error :
Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error
).

The issue is that it cannot connect to the database.
Is there a particular version of the SQL drivers and the MSSQL native client that I have to use in order for it to work ?

adam.hughes
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Joomla 2.5 on MSSQL 2008

Post by adam.hughes » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:09 pm

I have also tested the Joomla install on SQL Express 2008 and IIS 7.5 running on Windows 8 and 7 and all variations have the exact same issue with SQL Server 2008 R2 running on Windows Server.

I believe (but could be wrong) that it is just down to an issue with versions of the SQL drivers (I'm currently using version 3) and the SQL Native Client (I'm using version 11), but I cannot find anything that tells me which one to use (or if I have to use one particular version).

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Joomla 2.5 on MSSQL 2008

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Mod. Note: Relocated the topic to the Installation J!2.5 on IIS web server forum.

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 on IIS webserver”