None of my article pages display

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
SmyrnaNaz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

None of my article pages display

Post by SmyrnaNaz » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:29 am

I am brand new to Joomla. I have GoDaddy as my hosting company and they provided 2.5.22 & installed it. I purchased a template and installed it. At this point everything was working just fine.

At the point were I started to unpublish the sample data and put in my own articles, I suddenly cannot actually see any of my article pages. The hit count goes up but it displays the header area and the footer area with no space even available in between. I thought at first it was just the home page but then found that my other article page that is ready is not displaying either.

I have combed through dozens of articles & forum posts trying to find a solution. I have looked at my contacts (I have only the sample ones), menu setup, new menus, changing from trying to post an article page to features, and so forth.

I am at a complete loss on what to do. I am unfamiliar with how to access anything outside of the Administrator. Any advice and assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Bethany

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: None of my article pages display

Post by dhuelsmann » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:59 am

Two things -
1. Update to the current version in the 2.5.x series which is 2.5.24
2. Switch the front-end template to one of the stock templates and see if your articles appear.
Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

SmyrnaNaz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by SmyrnaNaz » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:33 am

Thank you Dave. I restored one of the default templates and my content on the article page showed up on the home page. I will try this week to install the upgrade.

Why would the new template work before and then not anymore? Do you have any ideas or tips? I did make sure it would work with my versions and everything before I purchased it, I'm also contacting their support.

Bethany

SmyrnaNaz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by SmyrnaNaz » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:20 am

I had a bit of recall tonight and found the homepage position layouts and for some reason, this template doesn't seem to work with featured articles and was able to get the homepage content to show up by assigning it a different position.

Does anyone know how to get the position layout for other types of pages? That may solve my problem on my other page I've been working on.

Thanks,
Bethany

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”