Article Manager Statistics help

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
kimski1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Article Manager Statistics help

Post by kimski1 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:39 pm

I'm trying to determine traffic to our site. When I go to the article manager I see hits for every site but I can't pick dates so are the hits for the time since the page was created? Is there a way to see which IP the hits came from (to rule out the programmer's PC)? Is there a way to see if the page was the last one visited before they left the site? The help is not helpful and this data is different than the data from our hosting provider. I need to figure out why people who get to the contact us page don't result in results. Does everyone just leave or is the data lost somewhere? The stats that I can find via Joomla are of no use. Is there a better way?

jackrabbit
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Article Manager Statistics help

Post by jackrabbit » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:48 am

Yes there are ways to get those stats
alexa.com
woopra.com

Or use your hosting stat tools if included. You could install a stat extension but those tend to wear down your bandwidth.

Article hits are generated per page load so you could hit the F5 key 1000 times and it would count up to 1000
Reset Joomla super user password and username simply | http://cmsenergizer.com/website-energy- ... d-remotely

kimski1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kimski1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:44 am

Thanks but these apps are marketing based. I need to know, in more detail, what my host can currently tell me. I need to find out what IPs are going to the contact us and how long they are on the page and if they exit afterwards or attempt another action. These are the specifics I need to find out because right now I don't know if a bunch of hackers are hitting the page or we are losing customers for some other reason. The analytics provided by the Joomla dashboard and our host are just not detailed enough.

jackrabbit
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by jackrabbit » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:05 am

Did you check alexa.com? You can get basic details as a free user. With a paid account you get fine tuned details such as
- Popularity graph
- Bounce rate
- Daily page views per visitor
- Average time on site per user
- Visitor demography
- Referral URLs
- Visitor geography
- Sites linking in
See these reports of Joomla.org
alexa1.jpg
alexa2.jpg
alexa3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reset Joomla super user password and username simply | http://cmsenergizer.com/website-energy- ... d-remotely

kimski1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kimski1 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:49 pm

I'll take another look at Alexa.

Thanks

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”