Can't log in, backend times out

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bquinlanpbg
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Can't log in, backend times out

Post by bquinlanpbg » Thu May 26, 2016 5:59 pm

Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 12.32.38 PM.png
Hi everyone!

I'm really hoping someone can help with this. I'm giving a sorely needed update to a client website. It will have a new template AND an upgrade to Joomla 3. I made a backup and copy of the website and installed it on a different server for dev purposes (hosting is also getting moved hence the different dev url, but I'm not sure if that's relevant). I created the new SQL database, copied all the files via FTP, and made the changes to the configuration.php file to point to the new SQL, FTP user login, and tmp and logs paths. It seems to have worked - sort of. The front end of the website shows up fine, although it loads a little slow. However, I can NOT log into the back end at all. When I try to access it (fsyranch.uppercaseincorporated.com/administrator), it hangs and tries to connect, but eventually times out and gives me a grey blank page that says (screenshot also attached):
This site can’t be reached.

fsyranch.uppercaseincorporated.com took too long to respond.
What did I do wrong? Could it be a server issue? I changed the error reporting to maximum on the config file, but that doesn't seem to be showing anything. I'm pretty lost. I couldn't see anything else that matched my problem, as most of the others I searched seemed to talk about page refreshes that go right back to the login page. However, I can't even get there. Any help is appreciated!

- Brittany
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”